Horticulture Lighting Group Sabers vs Amare SB800

Doc

Bearer of the Golden Afro
Super Moderator
Don't feel bad. Mine didn't make it either. I took some more as well.
 

OneHitDone

Member
Moderator
Well my clones didn’t make it. Not sure what I did wrong but they got yellow/droopy and the stems all got mushy. I took some more clones for another try, if these don’t make it either then I’ll be running 10 from seed, so no side by side.
I would ditch the bennies and go sterile. Particularly if your having warmer water temps. Sounds like you got "The Funk"
I have seen info suggesting that when using a water or aeocloneing method that "gels" actually slow down rooting.
Probably better adding a hormone like "Hormex" or KLN to your solution than dipping the cuts.
As others have stated, many varieties will root in straight water but from what I have experienced with things like OG's is that you will have a much higher success rate with hormone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

H.a.F.

Happy Wanderer
Moderator
I would ditch the bennies and go sterile. Particularly if your having warmer water temps. Sounds like you got "The Funk"
I have seen info suggesting that when using a water or aeocloneing method that "gels" actually slow down rooting.
Probably better adding a hormone like "Hormex" or KLN to your solution than dipping the cuts.
As others have stated, many varieties will root in straight water but from what I have experienced with things like OG's is that you will have a much higher success rate with hormone.
The powders like the cheapo "TakeRoot" from a garden center, with the indole-3-butyric acid seems like it would be a better option. It would initially stick to the raw parts of the plant but it would rinse off eventually.
 

HydroGrowLED

LED Specialist
Vendor
I always used Dutch Passion cloning gel. Don't know why I used that brand specifically, but it's just what I stuck to. I almost always use rapid rooters for cloning as well.
 

Mikenike206

New Member
Pretty late but here’s the Amare pic. Harvested all my autos and was just shy of 10oz from a 4x4 area. My clones all died and I got rid of the mother so I’m starting some purple punch and wedding cake s1 beans now and will take clones of those. Been doing some tweaking with my tent and managed to rig a duct to my dehu so it won’t be in the tent anymore. Hopefully it works when the tent is full of plants as well haha did a test with my humidifier on low. Debating on if I wanna go back to r/dwc or stick with coco and autopots.

both lights were at 800w (+/-5) at 45 inches Amare hit 880ppfd in the vent and Horticulture Lighting Group hit 857 in the center of the tents. Pretty close. Can do full par mapping as well if anyone is interested.
A2CA6196-CB5E-46EB-8B52-4F6AE0C426AE.jpeg
815391EA-1631-4E7C-B02E-93200229919C.jpeg
FF297E4B-7311-4A54-A263-816FB8E8660C.jpeg
 

Mikenike206

New Member
All pretty even, 9.5-10in tall. Each side is using 4 bars at 20” about 400ppfd
Temp 78-81
RH 65-70%
co2 650-750ppm
Res 64-65f (trying to get it dialed in around 67-68f)
Nutes 1ml/g calmag 4g/g Megacrop 670-680ppm

About 3 weeks from cutting
A4BE6DFF-44A9-4E65-8EE8-7BC5DC50BD7D.jpeg
Horticulture Lighting Group side 250w
AB226A6B-832D-4795-9A0A-3F80BCD57300.jpeg
Amare side 275w
93198C76-3B96-4E55-9BF9-2CC7CC289AE4.jpeg
 
Top